Your weekly dose of volcanic activity from the USGS/SI. (a little late thanks to an exciting day of column chemistry).
Some highlights include:
- A 3.7 km / 12,000 foot ash plume from Karangetang in Indonesia (great name, eh?)
- Lava flows, ash plumes and local ash falls from Slamet in Indonesia.
- White and grey ash plumes rises to ~4 km / 13,000 feet from Colima, Mexico.
- Blocks up to 2-m across were transported by lahars from Fuego in Guatemala. The volcano also produced ~4.6 km / 14,500 foot ash plumes.
- Small ash plume spotted at Barren Island in the Andaman Islands of India.
- Log in to post comments
when was this
hi Erik i found some info on MT.anak-krakatau it may be a tad old it dates back on may 17th but thats the olny update i can find for right now
i found that link last night and i posted it on the other blog wish it looks like Erik forgot too get back too me last night on it
Thanks for the links, David. Look for updates on both of these tomorrow!