Thanks to those of you who've been taking part in these polls. For anyone who's just turned up, I've been trying to collate the best stories from this blog over the last year by asking people to vote in a number of different areas. This is the penultimate one and we're looking at social science (a fairly broad category, I admit).
- Hidden beliefs in science stereotypes predict size of gender gap across 34 countries
- Simple writing exercise helps break vicious cycle that holds back black students
- Enter Adam, the Robot Scientist
- Ballet postures have become more extreme over time
- Attendance at religious services, but not religious devotion, predicts support for suicide attacks
- Teaching scientific knowledge doesn't improve scientific reasoning
- People overestimate their reactions to racism
- Creating God in one's own image
- Even on mute, TV can perpetuate racial bias
These were all pretty great: the gender and race ones were my favorites though.